Sunday, July 17, 2011

I’m going on a picnic, and I’m bringing this sandwich.

I love sandwiches. I just love them. Apparently, I also love painting when it is 90 degrees out. Alex and I find ourselves sweating through a paint project every summer, at least this year it was a one-day event—not the week-long yellow chair-mageddon we embarked on last year. For lunch today, we had a crazy simple sandwich that was also crazy perfect as a bite between paint coats: juicy cucumber slices (seasoned with salt and pepper) and sweet basil suspended between a buttery, crispy croissant. 
I tried to health it up by crusting the sandwiches with multigrain croissants, but the bakery was out by the time we rolled over. On the other hand, I would have buttered the multigrain croissants. Lavishly. Whole grains make me wild.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious as always. And reading you is as much fun as reading Laurie Colwin (although I can now do that in stereo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good daughter.

    These look great!

    ReplyDelete